- has been teaching music in a variety of settings for over 17 years
- holds a teaching license certificate from Illinois, USA
- completed Bachelor's degree (Magna Cum Laude) in Music Education
- has taught at 4 international schools in Denmark
- currently studying Master’s in Music Education at Rhythmic Music Conservatory (expected completion, June 2021)
- educator, musician, mother and expat
Jennifer BauerBand meant so much to me in my adolescence, which is why I am so passionate about offering this much-needed opportunity to the youth in the Copenhagen area.
I was a third-culture kid, or TCK, meaning I grew up in a culture different from my parent's. I was the daughter of Polish immigrants, growing up in the Chicagoland area. Like many TCK's I often felt like an outsider and craved to find a place where I 'belonged'. I found that place in my local wind ensemble (or band) program. I found a place that fostered my love for music, while forming friendships in an inclusive community.
I always loved music but my working class family couldn't afford expensive private lessons, so we were relieved to find out how affordable the wind ensemble was. In addition to fostering social skills, learning in a group setting such as an ensemble is also economical.
As I reflect on my ensemble and band experiences in school, university and beyond I have so much gratitude for having been able to tour, perform and make friendships. Now I am an expat and mother of a TCK here in Denmark. I want to give the opportunity to all youth, whether they are TCK's, English speakers or learners, or just youth who want to find a place to meet new people and play music. As a member of CYWE, I hope that you will feel a sense of belonging.
Click here for more about Jennifer and private instruction opportunities.